Pachi Pulusu is an unheated version of pulusu. This is a prominent and traditional Andhra dish prepared using simple ingredients like tamarind, onions, redchiilies, and jaggery.
I had this dish after long time this weekend. My grandmom used to make this tasty pulusu when we were kids. I learnt this recipe from my friend Tulasi.
This is basically a raw tamarind soup. And can be prepared very easily which can be served with hot steamed rice, mudda pappu along with papads.
Red Chillies – 4-5 no
Onion – 1 no
Jeera – 1 tsp
Jaggery granted – 1 tsp
Salt – As required
Tamarind – small lemon size
- Fry Red chilies in a pan without oil for 2-3 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl take chopped onions, jeera, jaggery.
- Add extracted tamarind juice to it.
- Add water if required (based on the tanginess of pulusu) and mix well
- Mash the fried red chillies and add them to the above tamarind water.
- Serve with hot rice.
Sending this to Only South Indians hosted by Pari, Bon Vivant Moments - Savory hosted by Sumee, Comfort Food hosted by Resh and to my event CC: Vegan Diet - Only Plant Based