Coconut Channa Dal Chutney is a distinctive condiment that is served well with South Indian Dishes. This chutney goes very well with rice as well as with tiffin’s especially with idlis, dosas…
I learnt this recipe from my mom. I prepared this last weekend and enjoyed this delicious pachadi with steaming hot idlis for breakfast.
This wonderful chutney is prepared with simple ingredients coconut, channa dal, tamarind, jeera.
Fresh Coconut - 1 cup
Channa Dal - 1/2 cup
Green Chillies - 3-4 no
Garlic - 2 pods
Tamarind – 1 very small lemon size
Oil – 1 tsp
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal - ½ tsp
Avalu/ Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
Jeera – ½ tsp
Curry leaves – 4-5 leaves
Oil – 1 tsp
Red chillies – 2 no
Hing a pinch
- In a pan add 1 tsp of oil and saute the channa dal, jeera, green chillies, garlic on medium flame. Remove and keep aside.
- Grind the roasted mixture along with fresh coconut pieces, tamarind and salt to a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a pan for tampering; add the mustard seeds, jeera, urad dal after they splutter add curry leaves, hing and red chillies and fry till the dal turns red.
- Add this tampering to the chutney paste.
- Serve with hot rice/idli’s/dosa.
Sending this Walk Through memory Lane hosted by Roshan originally started by gayathri, Bon Vivant - savory hosted by sumee , Love Lock Series - Legumes hosted by Vardhini started by Vidhya, Only South Entries hosted by Pari And to my event CC-Vegan Diet -Only Plant Based