Masala Cookies are my much loved Cookies. This weekend I baked these mini cookies. I got this recipe from Redchillies. These wonderful cookies are prepared using all purpose flour, butter, yogurt, salt, sugar and spices.
As these cookies are prepared with the blends of salt, sugar and spices which gives them a very great flavor and scrumptious taste!! Love them!!
All purpose flour – 1 ½ cups
Butter – ½ cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Salt - ¾ tsp – 1 tsp
Spicy mixture (finally chopped coriander leaves, finally chopped green chillies, chopped curry leaves, chopped very small ginger combine all and grind a little) – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Plain Yogurt – 1 ½ tsp
- Take chopped coriander leaves, chopped green chillies, chopped curry leaves, chopped ginger piece and mix well or grind little and keep aside.
- In a wide bowl take all purpose flour,salt, sugar,baking powder and mix well.
- Add melted butter to the above flour mixture in intervals and mix well and knead it well to make dough.
- Now add the above spicy mixture ( step 1) and mix well/knead well to form a firm dough.
- Add yogurt and mix well and knead well for 2-3 minutes and cover with damp cloth.
- Pre heat oven to
- Grease the cookies tray with butter and keep aside.
- Take a small part of the dough and roll like a chapatti until it is ¼ inch thick.
- Cut into required shapes using cookie cutter.
- Place them on the greased sheet.
- Pierce the top with fork and brush with oil on each of them.
- Bake them for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and enjoy or we can store them in air tight container