It’s been a while I posted a recipe in my blog as I was busy with couple of things. Today I am here with Masala Vada !!!
Masala Vada is a delicious crispy south indian snack which is my all time favourite. This is made using Chana dal,moong dal, onion, green chillies, garlic, ginger, cloves.
Chana Dal – 1 cup
Moong Dal – ½ cup
Onion – 1 no chopped
Green chillies – 4 no
Garlic – 1no
Ginger – 1 inch
Cloves – 2 no
Rice flour – 2 tsp
Salt As Required
Curry leaves – 7-10 no
Jeera – 1 tsp
Corinder leaves and mint leaves – 2 tbsps
Oil for frying
- Soak Chana dal and Moong dal for 4 hours
- First grind jeera,cloves,ginger,garlic, green chillies coarsely.
- Later drain water from channa dal, moong dal and grind coarsely by leaving one or two dals can be whole.
- Now mix chopped onions,corinder,mint, salt, rice flour, curry leaves to above grinded coarsely mixture.
- Heat oil in a kadai
- Now take the above mixture of equal size balls and make uniform vadas.
- Deep fry vadas on medium flame in oil until golden color, flipping once in between.
- Drain in paper towel
- Serve with coconut chutney