Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bellam Minappa Rotti/Jaggery Urad Dal Pancake

This is a nice and sweet south Indian tiffin made with urad dal, rice, jaggery and coconut. It is reasonably crispy tasty and delicious.

My mom used to make these pancakes a lot when we were kids. I love them a lot!!! Here is the recipe for this delicious Rotti !!



Ingrediants:

Rice – 2 cups
Urad dal – 1 cup
Jaggery – ½ cup
Shredded coconut – ½ cup
Salt a pinch
Ghee – 1tsp
Oil – 1tsp



Preparation
  • Soak rice and urad dal in water for 4-5hrs
  • Grind dal, rice , shredded coconut, jaggery together till very fine grain texture.(soft flour consistency is not required)
  • Add salt to the mixture.
  • In a flat vessel add ghee, oil and pour the batter a little thick.
  • Let it cook on low flame with lid ON for 15-20 min
  • Turn on the other side and let it roast.
  • Cook on medium flame till rotti cooks evenly.

    Sending these to Toddler Breakfast Ideas  hosted by Soumya and Walking through the memory Lane  hosted by gayathri 


36 comments:

  1. This will be a delight for the kids..thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow it looks good n very filling n yumm

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally new one to me.healthy and yummy one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks tooo....delicious...Love these traditional recipes...
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. delicious and mouth tempting pic

    ReplyDelete
  6. surely its a kids fav recipe...looks divine..
    Tasty appetite

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely and healthy pancakes, yummm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ur pic makes me crave for a bite of the yummy pancake:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super delicious sweet pancakes, love this version,completely new for me..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Traditional and healthy recipe yaar

    ReplyDelete
  11. Traditional and healthy recipe, getting reminded of school days!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thats entirely new to me but makes me drool on it.. Will surely try..

    ReplyDelete
  13. my grandma used to make this....looks very good!...
    Smitha
    Smitha's Spicy Flavors

    ReplyDelete
  14. A super pancake recipe..must try for me :)


    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very new dish to me.Looks so yummy I am sure it would be well liked by the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bookmarked! This is a completely new dish to me but I'm loving the flavors of jaggery and coconut in this sweet treat- lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow...delicious pancake...a very new dish to me....
    Thanks a lot for sending this to the event

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for following and appreciating my blog:) I am following you back and also look forward to your wonderful recipes. this pancake looks very delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Excellent recipe and wonderful pictues.

    ReplyDelete
  20. First time to ur blog and delighted to find a yummy collection of recipes. Glad to follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pancakes looks so delicious. Thanks for sending..

    ReplyDelete
  22. jaggery bread pancakes looks yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi,
    You have an award in my blog. Please visit and collect the award.
    Thanks
    Vimitha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog and for wonderful comments !!!