This is a nice and sweet south Indian tiffin made with urad dal, rice, jaggery and coconut. It is reasonably crispy tasty and delicious.
My mom used to make these pancakes a lot when we were kids. I love them a lot!!! Here is the recipe for this delicious Rotti !!
Rice – 2 cups
Urad dal – 1 cup
Jaggery – ½ cup
Shredded coconut – ½ cup
Salt a pinch
Ghee – 1tsp
Oil – 1tsp
- Soak rice and urad dal in water for 4-5hrs
- Grind dal, rice , shredded coconut, jaggery together till very fine grain texture.(soft flour consistency is not required)
- Add salt to the mixture.
- In a flat vessel add ghee, oil and pour the batter a little thick.
- Let it cook on low flame with lid ON for 15-20 min
- Turn on the other side and let it roast.