Today I wanted to make some dish which I learnt from my sweet mom. Then I decided to do make some chutney as my mom is an expert in making unique kinds of pachadi’s from different veggies.
So I tried making this tindora chutney which my mom used to make quite regularly when we were kids. It is quite simple and I love its delicious taste with hot steamed rice along with some vadiyalu.
Fresh Tindora/Dondakaya – 15 to 20 no
Green chillies – 4 -5 no
Jeera – 1 tsp
Garlic – 1 no
Salt As Required
Tamarind – 1 small lemon size
Jeera – ¼ tsp
Avalu/Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
Urad dal – ¼ tsp
Curry leaves – 4-5 no
Oil – 1 tsp
- Cut tindora into small pieces.
- In a pan add 1 tsp of oil and sauté the dondakaya pieces.
- In the same pan add another 1 tsp of oil and sauté jeera, green chillies, garlic on medium flame. Remove and keep aside.
- Grind the roasted mixture along with roasted tindora pieces, turmeric powder, tamarind and salt to a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a pan for tampering; add the mustard seeds, jeera, urad dal after they splutter add curry leaves and red chillies and fry till the dal turns red.
- Add this tampering to the chutney paste.
- Serve with hot rice/idli’s/dosa.