Sunday, May 13, 2012

Dondakaya Pachadi/Tindora Chutney


Happy Mother’s Day !!!!




Today I wanted to make some dish which I learnt from my sweet mom. Then I decided to do make some chutney as my mom is an expert in making unique kinds of pachadi’s from different veggies.

So I tried making this tindora chutney which my mom used to make quite regularly when we were kids. It is quite simple and I love its delicious taste with hot steamed rice along with some vadiyalu.


Ingredients:

Fresh Tindora/Dondakaya – 15 to 20 no
Green chillies – 4 -5 no
Jeera – 1 tsp
Garlic – 1 no
Salt  As Required
Tamarind – 1 small lemon size
Tumeric powder – ¼ tsp




For Tampering

Jeera – ¼ tsp
Avalu/Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
Urad dal – ¼ tsp
Curry leaves – 4-5 no
Oil – 1 tsp
Red Chillies

Preparation 

  • Cut tindora into small pieces.
  • In a pan add 1 tsp of oil and sauté the dondakaya pieces.
  • In the same pan add another 1 tsp of oil and sauté jeera, green chillies, garlic on medium flame. Remove and keep aside.
  • Grind the roasted mixture along with roasted tindora pieces, turmeric powder, tamarind and salt to  a coarse paste.
  • Heat oil in a pan for tampering; add the mustard seeds, jeera, urad dal after they splutter add curry leaves and red chillies and fry till the dal turns red.
  • Add this tampering to the chutney paste.
  • Serve with hot rice/idli’s/dosa.


Sending this ABC :Gourds hosted by Ramya, Cooking with love dad hosted by Nayna started by Sara and to my own event CC-Mom's Recipe

41 comments:

  1. I love dondakaya (Any) pickle....I think i have to come to your home for dinner

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks wonderful i made stirfry today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy chutney,haven't tried this way!!
    Happy Mother's day to u too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard about this chutney, not tried yet. Looks perfect. Happy Mother's day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really nice!!!!!!i love the way the veg has become super flavourful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowww.. Chala bagundi mee dondakaya pachadi.. Super yummy :D
    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  7. chutney using tindora is really interesting, looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love dondakay pacchadi..looks yummy..perfect wid hot rice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey nice clicks. Even I made tindora chutney post...do check out at my space.
    http://lavanyasrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely an interesting and fingerlicking chutney.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have heard of this chutney but never tried it...looking at your recipe and pictures I am tempted to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shud try this soon, looks so yumm..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never tried chutney! I've only heard people say "oh yeah, I just had chutney and it was delicious". My only experience with it. But now I can make it at home? I have no excuse not to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Unique recipe,never tried this before,looks yum

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks superb. Love it a lot. Will make it after my vacations.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You had me at this recipe! Loved the presentation!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never tasted dondakaya pachadi..I only make curry with them...looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. healthy and yummy chutney..very unique one..hope u had a good mothers day :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the chutney love the bowl and love the clicks

    ReplyDelete
  20. chutney with tindora....yummy....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Unique & delicious looking chutney, beautiful clicks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I add peanuts to my chutney it tastes yummyy...

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow...chutney with tindora...loved it dear !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. nice and flavourful chutney..will try it

    ReplyDelete
  25. I never knew that we can prepare chutney with dondakaya..will try this time..yummy recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! Another stunning chutney variation...gud one Sravs :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice chutney dear. I am your new follower have added my recipes in you event. Do visit my blog in your free time.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Chutney sounds too good and delicious..I luv tindora,i should try this chutney..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog and for wonderful comments !!!