This dessert is the combination of moong dal and Sabudana(sagubeyam in telugu). I learnt this Kheer from my mom.
Moong Dal 1 cup
Sabudana 1 cup
Rice Powder 2 spoons
ghee 2 spoons
dry coconut 1 spoon
cashews , kissmiss , almonds 5-10
elachi powder ½ spoon
jaggery 1 cup
- Take a frying pan add ghee and fry cashews, almonds , raisins and keep it aside
- Soak cleaned Sabudana and moong dal in water separately for 3 hrs
- Drain the water
- Boil sabudana along with water and after 5 mins add moongdal boil both of them for another 10mins until they become soft
- In a separate bowl mix Rice flour in water and keep the mixture aside
- Meantime Prepare jaggery pakam in separate vessel by adding water to it (don’t make it think) filter it and keep it aside.
- And also boil the milk in microwave for 5-10min
- After both sabu and moong dal become soft add the rice flour mixture , jaggery pakam , dry coconut and stir continuously in between to prevent from sticking.
- Add boiled milk and stir continuously until it becomes little thick
- Add Elachi powder, cashews,almonds, raisins
- Serve warm or cold