Kobbari Mamidikaya Pachadi is an Andhra special Pachadi made by blending sweet coconut and sour mango collectively which gives a very unique and scrumptious taste. The spiciness to this chutney is added from chillies and seasoning adds an extra layer of flavor.
Kobbari Mamidikaya Pachadi is one of my most favorite among Chutney’s. My mom used to prepare this chutney surly at the time of ugadi. This is quite simple and easy to prepare. I learnt this recipe from my mom.
Fresh coconut pieces – 1 ½ cup
Raw Sour Mango – 1 small
Green chillies – 3-4 no
Garlic – 2 pods
Salt to taste
Jeera – ½ tsp
Oil – ½ tsp
Jeera – ¼ tsp
Avalu/Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
Urad dal – ¼ tsp
Curry leaves – 4-5 no
Oil – 1 tsp
- Cut the coconut into small pieces or grate.
- Peel the mango and cut into small pieces.
- In a pan add 1 tsp of oil and sauté jeera, green chillies, garlic on medium flame. Remove and keep aside.
- Grind the roasted mixture along with fresh coconut pieces, Mango pieces and salt to a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a pan for tampering; add the mustard seeds, jeera, urad dal after they splutter add curry leaves and red chillies and fry till the dal turns red.
- Add this tampering to the chutney paste.
- Serve with hot rice/idli’s/dosa.