Hello my lovely readers!!! I am very delighted to announce my first blogging event. It’s been six months since I started this blog and participated in many blogging events, which inspired me to start an event.
This is monthly event with a different concept for each month. And the roundup will be posted the coming month’s 1st week.
So this month’s Cooking Concept is “Roti Pachadi/Chutney”. Before proceeding, let me tell you about the word Roti pachadi ---Pachadi means Chutney which is a traditional Indian side dish and it refers to the food which has been minced. Roti is Indian mortar (Rolu ) in which this chutney is made.
Any chutney will taste delicious if we make it by using this mortar But in US we get them very rarely and so I use blender to make these Pachadi.
Chutney is a dipping sauce or a fresh pickle and has very low shelf life, a maximum of one week. These are usually prepared by fresh vegetables or the peel of the vegetable can be used and is served as an accompaniment for rice, snacks like idli, dosa, vadas and so on. Gongura pachadi and coconut pachadi are my favorite, I am sure there are endless numbers of other varieties.
So why waiting friends send me as many recipes as you can.
Here are some guidelines
- Make recipes which fit this month’s concept
- Please link back to this page
- Any number of entries are allowed, archives are also allowed if reposted and update with the link to the announcement page.
- Use of logo is appreciated
- Send me your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as “CC-Roti Pachadi/Chutney” with below details
- Blog Name
- Recipe Name
- Recipe URL
- Non-bloggers can also send their recipes along with picture to the above email id.
Last date for the entries is
July 31st 2011.
Hope to see you all participating!!!