Couple of days back I had bunch of apples lying in my fridge then I decided to bake a cake. Immediately a thought came to my mind is Apple Upside Down Cake the recipe which I bookmarked from Vardhini’s blog.
There is something special about an upside down cake. I and my husband loved this cake a lot !! Delectable one !!
I was so excited baking this Cake as this is my first effort trying upside down cake. It came out so perfect.
Apples – 2 no peeled, cored and sliced length wise ¼ inch thick
All Purpose Flour – 1 1/8 cup
Light brown sugar – ½ cup
Egg – 1 no
Unsalted butter – 7 tbsp
Sugar – ¾ cup
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Milk – ½ cup
Baking powder – 1 ¾ tsp
Salt – ¼ tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- In a mixing bowl take 3 tbsp of melted butter, add egg and mix well.
- Now add sugar, baking powder, salt, vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add Milk and mix well to smooth.
- Add All purpose flour and mix well till the flour mixes well.
- Take cake pan and add 4 tbsp of melted butter
- Add brown sugar to it and mix well.
- Now lay the sliced apples above the butter sugar mixture.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over the slices.
- Pour the above prepared mixture on top of the apples in the cake pan
- Preheat oven to
- Bake the cake for 30-35 minutes or until the tooth pick inserted in center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes
- Later invert the cake over a plate and slice them.
- Yummy Cake Ready Enjoy !!!
Sending this to Bake Fest hosted by Sumee started by Vardhini, Cook Eat Delicious - Picnic Desserts hosted by Geetha started by Raven, Evening Snacks hosted by Sameena, Tea Time Snacks hosted by Charu, Only Snacks hosted by Raji started by Pari