Hey everyone!! Boooo!!!! Happy Halloween!!!!!!!
For this Halloween I made these Spooky Witch Finger Cookies. Well this is one of those spooky desserts that I have always seen, but never actually made until for this Halloween.
A little creepy and scary, but really fun to make, these finger cookies are actually very delicious and great spooky decoration and sure a smash hit for Halloween party!!! The ingredients in the cookies are basic ingredients like almonds, flour, sugar and vanilla extract. Almonds act as fingernails for these spooky finger-shaped cookies that kids and grown-ups like and will enjoy!! As the finger cookies expand so make them as thin.
These cookies are fun and easy to make!!
Recipe source: cooksjoy.com
All-purpose flour – 1 ½
Unsalted butter – ½ cup
Sugar – ½ cup
Egg White – 1 egg
Vanilla extract – ½ tsp
Baking Powder – ¾ tsp
Almonds – 20-25 skin removed
- Soak almonds in water for 30 minutes and peel the skin off and keep aside.
- Take butter (slightly warm in microwave for 15 seconds), sugar in a vessel and beat well.
- Now add egg white, vanilla extract, salt and baking powder and beat well until mixed.
- Now add all-purpose flour (minus 2 tsps) in batches and beat well until mixed.
- Get all together and form a ball and cover the dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- After ½ hour take small portion of dough make small ball and roll it into a small log.
- If required dust the surface with very less flour.
- Just roll between your palms.
- Press with a fork on bottom and in the middle which forms marks.
- Now insert an almond on top for the nail.
- Repeat the same process for the entire dough.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Place fingers on the baking pan by lining a parchment paper and bake for 18-22mins.
- It’s they scary and cute :)
Sending this to Halloween Fiesta hosted by Vardhini, B-O-O-O-O-O Halloween event hosted by Anu, Festive Feast hosted by Sumee, What with my Cuppa hosted by Nupur, Bake Fest # 13 hosted by Anu started by vardhini