First thing a very big bow/thank you to all my fellow bloggers, friends, family and readers for visiting/reading/following my blog and for your sweet and wonderful comments and hugs to my lovely hubby who tastes all my dishes and helps in all my cooking.
On my journey of my blogging I really started learning many new recipes/baking in spite of my busy work life which really makes me proud of myself.
After working the whole day on production issues I decided to take a break from my work and wanted to spend rest of the evening by baking and to try out something special.Then got an impression of Biscotti, which I craved to shot from many days.It is truly an abundant fun to experiment something you have heard about it but never tasted. The same thing happened with me with biscotti I used to seen them at starbucks/costo but never tasted or tried.
Chocolate Almond Biscotti is a long, thin, curved shape with crispiness and nice crunchy touch as they contain both almonds and chocolate chips. These cookies are baked twice for crispness. Luscious ones!!!
Whole Almonds – ¾ cup
All-purpose flour – 1 ¾ cups
Granulated White Sugar – 2/3 cup
Semi-sweet choco chips – 2/3 cup
Eggs – 2 no
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Pure vanilla extract – 1tsp
- Fry almonds on low heat until golden color
- After they cool Chop almonds into small pieces and keep aside
- In a bowl of electric mixer/hand mixer take sugar, eggs and beat well until light and fluffy.
- Now mix the baking powder, vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the flour and beat well until combined well.
- Fold chopped almonds and chocolate chips.
- Prepare Baking Pan with Parchment paper.
- Transfer the dough on to a floured above prepared baking pan and roll into a log shape about 12 inches and 3 inches wide.
- Flour your hands to form a log as dough will be quite sticky.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake it for 25 minutes or until firm to touch.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F
- Transfer the log to cutting board and cut into about ½ inch slices.
- Place the biscotti pieces, with cut side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 9 minutes.
- Now turn slices over and bake for another 9 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let it cool
- Store into an airtight container.
Sending this to Bake Fest hosted by Sumee started by Vardhini, Cook Eat Delicious - Picnic Desserts hosted by Geetha started by Raven, Evening Snacks hosted by Sameena, Only Snacks hosted by Raji started by Pari, Breakfast Ideas hosted by Sumee