I love Black Channa in any dish. Last week I had soaked channa in my fridge, and then thought to make use of them for my lunch box.
So tried this rice and it came out so tasty!! Loved it!!
This simple rice is not only colorful and vibrant but also low in calories and nutritious too. This tangy rice is prepared by using black channa, tomato puree, green chillies, onions and basmati rice
Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Black Channa – 1 cup
Onion – 1 no
Green chillies – 4 to 5 no
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Cloves – 2 no
Cinnamon stick – 1’’ inch
Cardamom – 1 no
Tomato paste – ½ cup
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp
Salt as Required
Oil – 3 tsp
- Soak Black Channa overnight and pressure cook them with salt for 5 to 6 whistles or cook for ½ hr.
- Wash Basmati Rice and soak them in water for 30 minutes.
- In pan heat oil, add ginger garlic paste and cook for 1 min.
- Now add cloves, cinnamon sticks, cardamom and sauté for few minutes.
- Add onions and green chillies and mix well.
- Add soaked and cleaned black chickpeas and mix well
- Add tomato puree, coriander leaves and mix well
- Cook for 5 mins.
- Add basmati rice by draining water and mix well.
- Now take the above mixed spices, rice in rice cooker add water, lemon juice and salt and cook well.
- Serve with raita or curry.
Sending this to Food Palette - Black hosted by Akheela, HCC - Healthy Lunchboxes hosted by Anamika originally started by Smita, Dish it Out : Tomato and Chilli hosted by Reva originally started by Vardhini