Thin Atukulu – 2 cups
Jeera – 1 tsp
Avalu/ Mustard Seeds- ½ tsp
Peanuts (raw) - ¼ cup
Putanalu / Dalia– ¼ cup
Curry leaves – 2 spring (chopped into pieces)
Green mirchi – 2-3 nos slited half
Red mirchi – 4-3 nos
Salt as Required
Dry coconut (small pieces) – 1/4 cup
Turmeric – ¼ tsp
Kaju – 1 tsp ( raw and broken)
Oil – 3 spoons
- Put the pan on medium-high heat. Add the oil.
- Add jeera, avalu, peanuts, green mirchi, red mirchi, curry leaves, putnalu, cashews (in that order) and move them around until the nuts are golden brown.
- Then add the salt and turmeric powder and stir.
- Add dry coconut, sugar and stir again.
- Now reduce the heat to low and add atukulu, a cup at a time, stir well so that atukulu are coated well with turmeric and oil.
- Cook for 5-8 mins on low flame and serve when cool.