Spinach Rice can be prepared by numerous ways. Today I am posting one of my easy, quick method which can made in very less time and this tastes so delicious.
In this rice spinach adds color and flavor to plain rice which is easy to make and quick, light lunch box meal. And also nice variation from regular spinach dal/curries.
Cooked Rice – 2 cups
Cooked Chole| ChickPeas – ½ cup
Chopped Spinach – 3 cups
Jeera – 1tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Salt as Required
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
For Spicy Powder
Dry Red Chillies – 3 to 4
Coriander Seeds – 1 tsp
Coconut – 3 tsp
- Soak Chickpeas in water over night and pressure cook them.
- After done Drain water and keep Chickpeas aside.
- Now Grind all the ingredients under Spicy Powder and keep aside.
- In a cooking bowl, take oil and once it gets heated add jeera, urad dal and mustard seeds.
- Once mustard seeds get splutter add chopped spinach leaves.
- Add salt and on low heat cook spinach leaves.
- Once spinach leaves are halved cooked add Chickpeas.
- Mix well and cook for some more time.
- Now add grinded powder to it and mix well for 5 mins.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve with Raita along with papad !!!!