This is a tasty and easy curry which goes well with steamed rice. It is prepared by using tomato puree, prawns, garlic and masala.
Onions chopped – 2 no medium
Shrimp – 25 – 30 no
Tomato puree – 1 cup
Green chillies – 4 no
Garlic minced – 2 tsp
Ginger paste – ½ tsp
Curry leaves – 4 no
Coriander powder -1 tsp
Garam masala powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric powder a pinch
Red chilli powder as required
Salt As Required
Water – 1 cup
- Heat the oil in a cooking vessel.
- Saute garlic, curry leaves till golden color.
- Add onion and cook till soft.
- Add green chillies, ginger paste and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Add tomato puree, turmeric, salt, coriander powder, red chilli powder and cook for 2 mins.
- Add washed shrimp and cook till oil floats on top
- Add water and close it with lid and cook on medium flame for 15-20 mins.
- Remove the lid, add garam masala and cook for 10-15 mins or till the water gets absorbed and oil floats.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve warm with Steamed Rice.