If you like the flavor of coconut, this rice will be a sure hit in your house. Very easy and quick recipe which can be made in no time and a great option for lunchboxes too.
This Coconut Rice has a natural nutty flavor that is delicious with coconut, chana dal, groundnuts, cashewnuts….
Cooked Rice – 1 cup
Fresh Grated Coconut – ¾ cup - ½ cup
Curry leaves – 6 leaves
Salt As Required
Oil – ½ tsp
GroundNuts – 1 tsp
Chana dal – 1 tsp
Cashew Nuts – 1 tsp
Urad dal – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
Hing - 2 pinches
Red Chillies – 2 no
Green chillies – 3 no slit length wise
Curry leaves – 3 no
Oil/ghee – ½ tsp
- In a small pan take ½ tsp of oil and fry curry leaves.
- Take the cooked rice in a wide blow spread evenly with salt and above fried curry leaves. Keep aside
- In the same pan take oil/ghee add groundnuts, channa dal, cashewnuts and allow them to turn medium golden.
- Now add mustard seeds, jeera and when they splutter add urad dal.
- Add red chillies, curry leaves, green chillies, hing and fry for few seconds.
- Add grated coconut and combine well.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- Turn of the heat and add the seasoning to the rice and mix well.
- Serve hot with any of your pachadi/pickle/curry along with papad.