Pasta is my husband's favorite and it can be prepared in numerous varieties. Yesterday I tried a new variation of this as Pasta Pulihora. It came out so well that my husband loved it and jumped on it before I got any good snaps lol!!!
Pasta Pulihora is a new twist to the traditional pulihora where I used lemon juice. This is a good option for those who really love pasta and also to those who are trying to avoid rice.
To make it healthier I used whole wheat pasta as this is excellent source of fiber. Works wonder as a quick breakfast, brunch or an evening snack.
Pasta - 3 cups ( Rotini)
Lemon Juice - 1 Large lemon,adjust as required
Salt as Required
Peanuts - 3-4 tsps
Chana dal/senaga pappu - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Urad dal/minappa pappu - 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli - 3 nos
Green Chilli - 3 nos
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 8 nos
Hing - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 1tsp
- Cook Pasta in boiling water with some salt in it.
- After pasta gets soft remove from heat and strain the water completely.
- Add little lemon juice to pasta and keep it aside.
- Now to prepare tadka heat oil in a vessel add peanuts, chana dal and fry it till it turns red.
- Add mustard seeds, jeera, urad dal.
- After they sizzle add green chilli, red chilli, curry leaves and stir fry for 30 secs.
- Add hing ,turmeric powder,salt and mix well.Turn off heat
- Now combine this tadka to pasta and add lemon juice and combine well.
- Taste it if you feel less tangy add lemon juice accordingly.
- Yummy pasta pulihora is ready !!!!
Twist the traditional - Pulihora hosted by Satya, to Pari's event 'Only' Original Receipes hosted by Nivedita and to Cooking with Seeds - Wheat hosted by Suma.