I am back after a very long break nearly 4 months break from blogging Woah…. that’s a long break and the reason for it is my office work which was so hectic with one of my most critical task and could not get time to post any recipes. Finally I could wrap up my dreadful task and got some time for blogging….
Gongura Chana Dal Curry is one of my desired curries which my mom used to prepare when we were kids. It is a simple curry with fewer ingredients, but relies on slow cooking for a yummy and delicious flavor.
The key process for this curry is not to overcook Chana dal and it should retain its shape. I bet everyone love its tangy flavor of gongura with onions and chana dal.
Gongura Leaves– 5 cups Riped and Washed
Chana dal – ¾ cup
Chopped Onion – 1 no medium
Green Chillies – 3 no slit length wise
Salt As Required
Red Chilli Powder as Required
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
Curry leaves – 4 to 5 no
Mustard seeds – 1/3 tsp
Jeera - ¼ tsp
Hing – a Pinch
Red chillies - 3 no
Oil – 1 tsp
Urad dal – ¼ tsp
- Soak Chana dal in water for 1hr.
- Take Sorrel leaves and boil them in very less water.
- After leaves turn soft, mash them to smooth paste and keep them aside.
- Take a vessel, add water and add soaked and washed chana dal , boil dal for 10 mins.
- Now add chopped onions, green chillies to the boiling dal and cook for 5 mins.
- Add sorrel leaves boiled paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and boil for another 15-20 mins on medium flame till the mixture gets dal like consistency.
- Now in a separate sauce pan add oil, when oil gets heated add curry leaves, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, urad dal and sauté them until they splutter.
- Finally add hing and red chilli.
- Now add this tampering to the above cooked gongura and chana dal mixture.
- Yummy curry is ready and can be served with Hot rice and roti’s.