When we were kids my mom used to make this dish quiet regularly as it is very healthy.
This is prepared by using raw rice rava, jaggery, salt and ghee which is cooked on Steam. Raw Rice Rava can be made in home by taking raw rice grind it coarsely and then sieve it, to filter out Rava. This recipe is simple, preparation takes time but tastes very delicious and yummy !!
Raw Rice Rava - 1 cup
Jaggery grated - 1/2 cup
Ghee - 2 to 3 tsps
Salt a pinch
Water - 1/3 cup
- In a bowl take Rava, Salt put water and mix well.
- Steam this rava mixture in idly cooker or pressure cooker using idly plates and cook initially for 30 minutes.
- In between sprinkle little water over this rava mixture, combine well and again pressure cook for another 30 minutes.
- After the Rava mixture is cooked for 1 hour remove from heat.
- Add grated jaggery and ghee to rava mixture and mix well.
- Cool and serve.
Sending this to let's Cook - Rice hosted by Radhika, New U hosted by Vardhini,Walk through memory lane hosted by Gayathri