Punugulu are very popular Andhra Snack which can be enjoyed in the cold evenings with a cup of tea. This snack is very simple and will be ready in no time if dosa batter is available in home.
These are so tasty, crispy and yet soft inside, we will just love the taste. It goes well with coconut chutney/peanut chutney/toordal chutney or sambar.
Dosa Batter – 2 cups
Rice flour – 1/4 cup
Sooji – 2 tsps
Onions – 1 no small finely chopped
Green chillies – 1 or 2 no
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
Curry leaves – 10 no
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsps
Salt as Required
Oil for deep frying
- Mix all the above ingredients well.
- Keep aside for 15mins.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Once the oil gets heated, reduce the flame to medium.
- Take small portion of batter and drop small balls into the hot oil.
- Place 8-10 punugulu in one go. And cook them on medium flame by turning them in between.
- Cook them till golden brown/till it turns its color.
- Remove them onto a absorbent paper. Serve with chutney.