Semiya Upma is a well-liked
breakfast and a nice variation from rava/sooji upma. My husband loves this upma
a lot and I make this dish quiet frequently.
This upma is very easy to make and can be prepared in very less time. It does not need much work.
Semiya/Vermicelli – 2 cups
Onion – 1 no
Green Chillies – 3-4 no
Curry leaves – 5 to 6 no
Oil – 3 tsp
Ghee – ½ tsp
Mustard seeds – ¾ tsp
Jeera – ¾ tsp
Urad dal – ¾ tsp
Chana dal – ¾ tsp
Cashews – 5 to 6 no
Salt As Required
- In a pan roast semiya in a ½ tsp of ghee for 5 mins or till golden brown.
- Now boil 4 cups of water in a cooking vessel, add vermicelli along with salt and 1 tsp of oil.
- Once Semiya is cooked turn off heat and pour the vermicelli into a strainer to drain water completely and pour cold water over it and keep semiya aside.
- In a cooking vessel take 2 tsp of oil and add chana dal, mustard seeds, jeera, urad dal, cashwes and when mustard seeds splutter add curry leaves.
- Now add chopped onions, green chillies, ginger and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add salt to it.
- Add cooked semiya to the above mixture and mix it lightly and see it combines well.
- Serve hot.