This is a quick and wonderful curry which is prepared by delicious combination of potatoes and fenugreek leaves (Methi).
Aloo Methi Sabzi is a north india dish which is great side dish for rotis and rice. I love to have north Indian sabzi’s with roti’s and chapati’s.
Adding Methi leaves to this sabzi gives a unique taste and also these are well known for many medical purposes.
Potatoes – 4 no
Methi leaves – 1½ cup
Onion chopped – 1 no
Red chillies – 2 no
Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1tsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Salt As Required
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
- Boil potatoes in microwave for 10-15mins.
- Wash Methi leaves and squeeze out water and keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan, add jeera, red chillies and sauté for few minutes
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for few seconds.
- Add chopped onions and sauté for 1-2mins.
- Add chopped methi leaves, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder,salt and mix well.Cook for 5-10 mins
- Add cubed boiled potatoes and combine. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add garam masala powder and combine wel. Cook well for 5 mins
- Lastly add lemon juice and cook by tossing the potatoes well.
- Serve with roti’s/naan or hot rice.