Aloo Bonda is one of the popular snack / appetizer. It is also known as batata vada in Mumbai and it’s a famous street food.
It is a deep fried savory snack stuffed with potato spices mixture. There are a lot of variations in making this potato stuffing. Aloo bonda is soft inside and crispy outside. These are simple to make and delicious to eat.
Potatoes are my favorite vegetable and are very rich in carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
These can be served with sweet chutney or tomato ketup.
Potato – 3 no medium
Onion – 1no small
Green chillies chopped – 2 no
Curry leaves – 4-5 no
Jeera – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves chopped – 2-3 tsps
Salt As Required
Chilli powder – 2 tsps
Turmeric powder -1 tsp
Hing a pinch
Ginger grated – 1 tsp
Besan – 1 cup
Baking Soda – ¼ tsp
Vamu/ Ajwain – 1 tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Oil for deep frying
- Boil potatoes in microwave for 5-6 mins and mash them and keep aside.
- Heat one tsp of oil in a pan.
- Add jeera and after they splutter add chopped onions, green chillies, curry leaves, ginger.
- After onions get soft add mashed potatoes, turmeric powder, salt, chilli powder and mix well.
- Cook for 5 mins and add hing and coriander leaves.
- Lastly add lemon juice and keep the stuffing aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add besan, baking soda, red chilli powder, vamu and salt.
- Add enough water to make thick batter.
- Heat oil on medium heat for deep frying.
- Make potato stuffing into small balls.
- When oil gets hot, dip the balls into besan batter and coat with thick batter.
- Slowly drop the coated balls into the hot oil
- Deep fry them until they turn light golden color all over it.
- Serve with sweet chutney
Sending this to My Legume Love Affair hosted by Dee originally started by The Well Seasoned Cook and Fast Food not Fat Food hosted by priya and Kid's Delight hosted by priya originally started by srivalli and to Flavors of Maharashtra hosted by PJ originally started by Naina